Star Persona Video Feedback And Learner Response

Devesh




WWW: The actual makeup transformation was really good. The makeup looked professional, especially the eye makeup. The background and the seat used fitted in well with the glamorous look created as the wallpaper and chair were both classy. The speed of the video wasn't too fast or too slow, it was just right. The video didn't become boring because it wasn't longed out.

EBI: The video could have been improved if at the end the character created let down her hair, so that it fitted with the whole glamour look. Personally I don't think the music was quite right. It gave off a sci-fi feel which doesn't match with the persona being created. The lighting could have been improved as it is quite hard to see the little details, especially when she is doing her eye makeup.

Deandre




WWW: The makeup idea is very unique. It isn't boring to watch as the makeup has an added aspect instead of it being a typical glamour or horror makeover. The use of transitions throughout the video avoids the video from looking jumpy when you cut the clips together. The framing has been done well as there isn't much negative space.

EBI: The video itself feels slightly too long. Some of the clips seem to drag out so it may be better if they had been sped up even more. This will avoid the video from becoming boring. The music doesn't quite match the music video. The song genre doesn't match the horror/glamour look, which makes the video seem slightly confusing.

My feedback

Feedback from Aranjit
WWW: The speed of the footage is good as it isn't too fast or slow. The fast pace instrumental syncs in with the footage and makes it exciting. The make up was good as they've made it realistic. 

EBI: There was too much negative space. The portrait capturing of the footage should've been landscape. The lighting was from behind.

Overall I agree with the feedback I've received. Next time I will ensure that I film my video landscape with lighting from behind and to the sides instead of in front. By filming landscape there will be less negative space.

Reflection
1)  How did your star persona mood board planning help clarify and develop your ideas?
The star persona mood board helped massively as I was able to put all my ideas into one place and then from that I could pick out the exact details and features that I wanted to put into my star persona transformation. The mood board helped develop new ideas that I hadn't originally thought of which made my transformation more interesting and unique.2) Thinking technically, how could you improve your work for future videos? (E.g. filming, editing, sound etc.)
In the future I could definitely improve my work massively. This is by making sure I film landscape and not portrait, I will make sure the background is plain without anyone in shot so it is more professional. I will also light it from the sides and behind instead of in front so you are able to see all the details in the video.
3) Thinking in terms of mise-en-scene, what were the aspects of CLAMPS you used effectively in your video?
I successfully used makeup in my video as it was of a high standard and looked professional. The makeup wasn't confusing and audiences were able to understand exactly what was being created. I also successfully used costume as it wasn't too glamorous but it wasn't too distressed. It fitter well with the mixed persona that was created.
4) What aspect of mise-en-scene (CLAMPS) could you have improved or done differently?
I could have improved the setting by making sure there was no distractions in the background. I could have made the backdrop plain to make the video more professional. I could also improve the lighting by lighting behind and to the sides of the actor not in front. I could have also made my video more professional by making sure the actor stayed seated and wasn't eating etc throughout the filming.
5) What have you learned regarding the importance of mise-en-scene to character, narrative and star personas?
I have learned that all aspects of mise en scene are just as important when trying to create a star persona. If the costume doesn't match the makeup, if the background contains distractions, if the lighting isn't perfect then the whole video begins to look rushed and doesn't look professional.
6) Finally. thinking conceptually or creatively, how could you improve the content of your video work in future? (E.g. planning, creative concept, timing etc.)
In the future I will spend more time filming so it doesn't become rushed. I will also dedicate at least a day thinking and planning out the whole concept so I know exactly what to do to make it all run smoothly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parallel and Contrapuntal Video Feedback

Make-up Transformation

Film Noir Research